People, places and what triggers you to make faces

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fashion Aside

I can never understand why Hollywood A-listers follow stylists to the last shade of teal. Granted, it’s the only blue I like, but isn’t it going a bit too far to stand for photos with one leg tightly crossed in front of the other? I know this is to give you the slimmest silhouette ever (and oh dear, we must have that, mustn’t we), but has no one whispered that the only silhouette it gives everyone from Mischa Barton to Kate Bosworth is of a person with a desperate need to pee? I mean, really.
******************************
The best fashion quote I’ve heard in a long time comes from Hannah Sandling, another celebrity stylist….
Q: “What would you save in a fire?”
A: “I’d rather burn with my ten wardrobes than pick an item.”
Now that’s a girl I can deal with.
******************************
Speaking of celeb stylists, Rachel Zoe is too much. I adore her fashion sense, those furs! those little dresses! the rocks! the Hermes Birkins! I die! The only thing I draw the line at are those insane bugeye sunglasses. They have got to go. It’s no wonder that Zoebot Nicole Richie was at loggerheads with her for a while; you can’t be a clone without the natural order of things playing up. And someone must tell Rach that starving so that you can fit into all your designer friends’ samples is all very well, but hello, when your breasts disappear, it’s time to get a shot of weetabix juice. Her assistants in the Rachel Zoe Project are seriously interesting, by the way, from the playing-to-the-gallery witch Taylor to the cute-as-a-polished-apple Brad.
I just wish Brad would stop sobbing like a girl at the drop of an eyebrow, usually Taylor’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment