People, places and what triggers you to make faces

Friday, December 16, 2011

....goodnight, sweet prince

There has only been one other public figure who moved me with their passing and that was Princess Diana. Hitch would have laughed me out of the room, putting them together. How could I have hoped to explain myself - he would have had the last, sword-swinging word. The iconic piece he wrote below, his last, (what an amazing self-obit), leaves the rest of us with nothing more to say. No man that I have heard about in my time died so courageously, so, as was his wont, intellectually. What is happening that the lights of this world are being so ruthlessly snuffed? How do we go on in the darkening way?
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/01/hitchens-201201

No comments:

Post a Comment