People, places and what triggers you to make faces

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Drone life


Where are we? Beirut? East Berlin? The Gaza Strip? No, we are in a country that borders my own, where my brothers live. And are now dying. When will we say 'Enough'? http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-gibson-drones-civilians-20121004,0,1147467.story. If you read this, read the comments below, too.
One tries to differentiate between the Governments of a country and its citizens, but sometimes that's difficult to do. All Pakis are terrorists, going by what white people seem to think. In that case, all white people must be rednecks.
Irrespective of who's who and what's what, I can't for a moment imagine not being able to step out of my house to buy groceries, or take my children to school, or go to work. Oh wait, I'm black. I don't do these things. I'm supposed to build a bomb in my garage, so the Great White Shark, sorry, Saviour from the West has no option but to send flying toys that pack quite a punch to annihilate me and my toddlers - who of course would have grown up to strap more bombs around their chests and kamikazi an embassy or whatever. What a mercy they were blown up themselves before they could achieve that grand ambition.
The scary thing is that American presidents now blatantly encourage murder, Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, bin Laden. (Isn't that what terrorists were doing? How now do we tell the difference between anyone?)
Tomorrow, of course, an American Prez could issue a fatwa against Me. Bloody hell, tomorrow it could be You. I guess then we'll give a shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment