People, places and what triggers you to make faces

Friday, September 27, 2013

No, thanks


Isn't that online jewellery advertisement on Indian TV highly questionable? The male character is so off-putting I want to reach for an oil cloth and wipe him off, and the wife asking what's the occasion for his attention - I wouldn't want it if he was the last man on earth; searching for another species to procreate with would make better sense. Perhaps the ad men knew half-way there that something was not quite quite. I noticed a distinctly Jaws-like soundtrack playing, you know, to match the husband.
Almost as barf-inducing is the “Made for First Love” phone ad where the boy talking to his GF doesn't stop with the most vacuous conversation you will hear this side of the Milky Way. Hey, I was young once and in love twice but in my defence I never engaged in vapid talk. Surely at 18 it's all Kerouac and Kafka?? No? Wtf.

No comments:

Post a Comment