People, places and what triggers you to make faces

Saturday, April 27, 2013

I like it Chubby, this once

There was something comforting about it as I passed by; like a fragrant cherry pie cooling on a windowsill. The colours came close, too, watermelon, raspberry, orange sherbet. So I gave in to my need for a metaphorical pat on the head and bought the Broadest Berry lip balm from Clinique - which is rapidly becoming one of my favourite beauty companies. Their Happy fragrance is like a shot of adrenaline straight to the heart and their concealers and foundations seem to have a close resemblance to one's actual skin tone, but it's the Chubby Stick that drew my eye. It's moist and dewy, has no distracting fragrance and has an amazing built-in sharpener so no worrying about searching for one that fits the unusual contours of the product. How clever is that. What's not so clever is Clinique's unfortunate packaging. Blah. And their technicians in lab coats that sit at the stores. If I wanted to be wheeled away in a straitjacket I'd come here but not when I'm thinking in terms of Beauty. How many millions in ad money went down the tubes paying the marketing non-geniuses who came up with THAT strategy? Well, never let it be said that I don't have an open mind. Which is why I'm thinking of snaffling the Watermelon next.

No comments:

Post a Comment