People, places and what triggers you to make faces

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Reality Bites



Apropos the above.
The Kardashians are possibly the signal on the hill that there are no more hills to climb and we are, in fact, in the last trough of civilisation. It's all downhill from here on in. Good-looking broads with a fabulous fashion sense, I'll give them that, but are they going to rock my world on this alone? I think not. I'll leave that to Jo Nesbo, thank you very much.
So really, Khloe had to go. (How I wish the rest of the family would follow, but one out of dozens ain't....yeah, it is.)
But talking of TV hosts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one does it like Seacrest. He's funny, empathetic, cute and APPEARS to not take himself too seriously (although I think he takes his hair more seriously than I do mine, to begin with). He makes it all look effortless and that's the X Factor which puts him on top of the heap. When we're watching a reality show, we want to be relaxed; we want to have as much fun as the host should be having.
But I have to say, although I like Cat Deeley, I liked Steve Jones, too. He's not the Ice Queen aka Padma Lakshmi, or the too-earnest Davina McCall, or Carson Daly who has everyone watching his mouth and not the words coming out of it. Why they got rid of Steve who is also extremely easy on the eye is beyond me.
Other toppers, strangely all in the realm of food:
*Man v Food host Adam Richman, for his mot justes and love of the bite
*Anthony Bourdain for his cynicism and brave foray into culinary unknowns
*Nigella Lawson for her deliberate play on the sensual aspects of cuisine
*Masterchef dudes in Australia and US for their sense of theatre and straightforward passion for the subject.
Of course, in India meanwhile, we have Twist of Taste with Vineet Bhatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment