People, places and what triggers you to make faces

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Paris 2015

New Year's Eve at the Champs Elysees was a bit of alright. But I have to say it was Midnight Mass at Notre Dame that really got me all atwitter. The choir, the building, even the security forces outside signalling the real new world order, was an experience. I believe in no God but it was a sense of community where we were all thinking of those who had gone before that felt extraordinary. On NYE, I thought I was being brave going where the threat of terrorism was so real that Belgium had cancelled its celebrations - until I saw parents with babies at the Arc de Triomphe. Paris, in between, was magic. I get my kicks just walking down its cobblestoned paths.


Shakespeare&Co

Cafe République

Champs Elysees



No comments:

Post a Comment